Issue 99 in osm2garmin: Planet license expires monthly - requires new download

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Mar 1, 2013, 2:34:44 PM3/1/13
to mant...@gmail.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium OpSys-All Performance

New issue 99 by mappit...@gmail.com: Planet license expires monthly -
requires new download
http://code.google.com/p/osm2garmin/issues/detail?id=99

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1.It appears that monthly? the OSM planet file has a new license requiring
download of a new file - at 20Gb!
2.Output message: "Planet file license has been changed. Newly licensed
Planet file has to be downloaded."
3.Since using O2G in December this is my 3rd full planet download, each
taking 1-2 days and prevents use of the program during this time.

Realize this is not a O2G issue but the option to continue using current
file or just downloading updated license "tag" (if exists) rather than 20Gb
every month would be very helpful and a saving of resources.

Please use labels and text to provide additional information.

issue notifications to this address.

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 3:20:43 PM10/29/13
to mant...@gmail.com

Comment #3 on issue 99 by mit...@gmail.com: Planet license expires monthly
Bump on this.
When trying to use a smaller "planet" file, as it worked before, i got this
problem with "Planet file license has been changed. Newly licensed Planet
file has to be downloaded.".

Isn't it possible to use smaller planet files anymore? (Takes a lot of more
time to update a 22GB file than a 8GB file, for europe).

I just deleted the planet_old, planet_backup files and replaced
planet.osm.pbf with a file i generated for whole europe.

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 4:41:07 PM10/29/13
to mant...@gmail.com

Comment #5 on issue 99 by mit...@gmail.com: Planet license expires monthly