Re: Issue 55 in osm2garmin: Regions definition as a polygon

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Mar 22, 2012, 7:06:05 PM3/22/12
to mant...@gmail.com

Comment #10 on issue 55 by mit...@gmail.com: Regions definition as a polygon
http://code.google.com/p/osm2garmin/issues/detail?id=55

Nice, need to test this!

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Jun 4, 2014, 1:53:24 PM6/4/14
to mant...@gmail.com

Comment #14 on issue 55 by mappit...@gmail.com: Regions definition as a
polygon
http://code.google.com/p/osm2garmin/issues/detail?id=55

Hello

I am trying to use a .poly file to cut out a country for processing.

I downloaded a .poly file for Tajikistan from geofabrik, copied it to my
working directory, added the region (name) and processed. The result is a
rectangular bounding-box (67.38213 36.66726 75.15684 41.04937) that
contains contours/data and is about twice the size (area) of Tajikistan
itself. It also contains contour data that extends approx. 200km further.

I understand that Osmosis can process both bounding-boxes and polygon files
and am assuming that osm2garmin only uses bounding-boxes. Or am I mistaken?

I would prefer the file (and contours) to follow the .poly file, or even
each tile that is even partially within the poly file and understand that
contours are calculated in 5x5 tiles.

I am using 1.2.267 on Linux Mint KDE. Thanks, pitney

issue notifications to this address.