OSM Meetup recap & info about next meetup

Ramey

Feb 3, 2011, 11:48:00 AM2/3/11
to osm-s...@googlegroups.com
We had a good time at the meetup the other night. There were 5 of us all told. I hope that no one was caught by the last minute venue change.

Apparently Hurricane found out just the day before that the room reservation at the Redmond Library hadn't worked, thus the last minute change.

We had fun mapping a few blocks of downtown Bellevue, and then going to the the Tap House Grill [1] for beers and appetizers. The meetup broke up at 8pm.

While talking we decided to have two meetups a month, alternating between Seattle and the Eastside. So, I'm going to generalize and say Eastside, 1st tuesday of the month, ~5:30pm, (the time is probably a little negotiable), and 3rd Thursday in Seattle at about 6pm.

So, the next meetup will be at 6pm in Seattle (the University District) on the 17th of February. We'll probably split up and map a block each of the U district with walking papers.[2] As a guide, last night's mapping only lasted about a half hour.

I'm going to start looking for venues tomorrow, so after I've located one I'll post it and the rest of the details to the list, and to the wiki[3].

I had suggested some driving surveying for the next eastside meetup, but that's negotiable, so please chime in if there are things that you really want on the map.

I hope to see more people at the U District meetup,

Ramey.

[1] http://www.taphousegrill.com/
[2] http://walking-papers.org/
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Seattle,_Washington