Missing Maps Mapathon this Thursday, May 31st, from 2 to 4 p.m at PSU (Cramer Hall, Room 469)

Madeline Steele

May 29, 2018, 7:53:18 PM5/29/18
to OSM PDX
Hello all,

We are having a humanitarian mapathon is this Thursday from 2 to 4 p.m at PSU (Cramer Hall, Room 469). You can RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Portland/events/250391196/, or just show up!

We are planning to contribute to this task: https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4610

Seasonal, monsoon rains have caused severe flooding in the Kurunagala and Puttalam districts of Sri Lanka. Our help is needed to map these areas so first responders and aid agencies can deliver life saving relief to those affected. This is a high priority task, so there's a chance that the awesome, worldwide Missing Maps community will have finished it by Thursday. If so, we'll take on these medium priority tasks:

  1. https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4161
  2. https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4323

For each of these tasks, we just need to focus on mapping buildings, so we should be able to get mapping quickly and easily.

Many thanks again to the PSU GIS Club and Geography Dept. for sharing their computer lab for this good cause!

All the best,
Madeline