New open source tool for organizing OSM communities - anyone interested?

Madeline Steele

May 4, 2018, 2:55:25 PM5/4/18
to OSM PDX
Hello all,

Brian DeRocher, an OSM US board member and long time organizer of the MappingDC, has built a new tool for OSM communities. It will support eventing, changeset reviews, distributed imports, and more.  He's looking for feedback and would could help us set up an instance the Portland area if we're interested. Here's an instance he set up for MappingDC http://mappingdc.org:3000/microcosm/ and he has design documents here: https://github.com/openbrian/microcosm-aoi/blob/master/doc/Design.md.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Madeline

Peter Dobratz

May 10, 2018, 4:08:44 PM5/10/18
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I poked around a few days ago and I couldn't see very much beyond a list of DC users, a list of recent changesets in the DC area, and some upcoming DC events.  Maybe there would have been more features if I was considered a member of the microcosm instead of just a visitor.

It looks like the URLs are no longer working now though.

Between this google-group email list, the Portland OSM meetup group, and the various QA tools, I'm not sure what this microcosm software does better.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quality_assurance

Peter