Mapathon tomorrow (Saturday 8/25/17) at 2pm!

Madeline Steele

Aug 25, 2017, 6:44:07 PM8/25/17
to OSM PDX

Hello all,

Our June "Map Rack Attack!" was a great success, with 145 previously unmapped bike racks added, as well as other details. Let's build off that momentum and add bike racks, bus stop details, and more along SE Foster! It has practically no bike parking mapped (http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/qxa), and I'm pretty sure that can't be right...

I'd like to meet at Creston City Park (near the pool) at 2pm, and then head SE on Foster, mapping as we go! We'll then can reconvene for a celebratory beverage at Bar Maven at ~4pm:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=graphhopper_foot&route=45.4970%2C-122.6152%3B45.4908%2C-122.5990#map=16/45.4941/-122.6071

Bikers and walkers are both welcome! As before, we'll be using phone apps to edit OSM on the go. I recommend Go Mapp!! for iphone, Vespucci for android, or Mapillary for either (Mapillary street views are are easy to capture and can be very useful for later remote editing).

Please see attachment for a few more details. You can RSVP on the meetup.com page (https://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Portland/events/242320101/), or just show up!

Best,
Madeline

Map Rack Attack SE Foster info.pdf