OSM enhancements in conjunction with this year’s Great Shake Out (Emergency Preparedness Event)

Danny Brasuk

Sep 23, 2016, 12:12:02 AM9/23/16
to OSM PDX

I’ve come across a number of sources of data specific to either risks from earthquakes or the emergency response when one occurs.  For example, the City of Portland has designated neighborhood-based, emergency communication posts (BEECNs), which essentially are rendevous points, places where one would go to get information when we all loose our data connections. On the risk side, the City maintains a list of buildings made of unreinforced masonry.  There could be some value in organizing and consolidating the various datasets on OSM, into say an Emergency Prepardness layer (or layers). Thoughts from anyone?  Do you think such data belongs in OSM? If so, the upcoming Great Shake Out could be an “excuse” for launching the effort.

Danny