tag for a bicycle roundabout?

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Madeline Steele

未读,
2016年11月3日 15:46:142016/11/3
收件人 OSM PDX
Hi all,

Does anyone know how we might tag this bicycle roundabout? It's the first one in Portland.

http://bikeportland.org/2016/11/03/first-look-portlands-new-bike-roundabout-and-two-way-cycling-lane-on-ne-21st-avenue-194661

Thanks,

Madeline

Alan Millar

未读,
2016年11月4日 13:41:202016/11/4
收件人 osm...@googlegroups.com
I hope this doesn't sound flippant, but does it need to be tagged? Looks like a nice feature when you're actually right there making a turn. But, at only a few feet wide, it doesn't look to me like it has any material impact on routing or turn directions.

It does make me wonder where these may be common already; perhaps if we can find that, there may be some existing tags to copy.

- Alan

Madeline Steele

未读,
2016年11月4日 13:50:512016/11/4
收件人 osm...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it sounds flippant! I was wondering the same thing myself, actually...

I did a very quick search for precedents but couldn't find anything.

Darrell Fuhriman

未读,
2016年11月4日 14:23:252016/11/4
收件人 osm...@googlegroups.com

Looking at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle  – I’m going to suggest that the whole segment needs to be re-worked. I would break it out into two ways like the cycle tracks on the wiki page – I think this is justified since there is a physical separation, even if it is just bollards.

Then, for the bit of the cycleway with the round about, I would tag it highway=mini_roundabout (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dmini_roundabout) and put an access=bicycle tag on it.

d.

Darrell Fuhriman

未读,
2016年11月4日 19:17:262016/11/4
收件人 osm...@googlegroups.com
Hit send too quickly. I ran an overpass query for: (highway=cycleway or (cycleway=* and highway!=*)) and junction=roundabout

And got a bunch of hits: some seem to be mis-tagged but the majority are segregated bike lines on an automobile roundabout, like this: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/376339095

There’s nothing matching junction=mini_roundabout. Maybe we’re unique… err.. weird.

so yah, I think the right call is probably highway=cycleway and junction=mini_roundabout on a new way.

d.

On Nov 4, 2016, at 15:48, Darrell Fuhriman <dar...@pdx.edu> wrote:

I did find this: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/31449035 which maps this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pFaNhyO7Y_U/maxresdefault.jpg

it uses: highway=cycleway and junction=roundabout

Though it’s not quite the same thing as the one we’re talking about.

d.

回复全部
回复作者
转发