pycrocosm update

Tim Sheerman-Chase

Dec 2, 2017, 6:50:19 PM12/2/17
to osm-...@googlegroups.com

I've done many updates to pycrocosm including the documentation:
https://github.com/TimSC/pycrocosm

Ross says he will be giving this a go soon.

Tim

Ross Scanlon

Dec 18, 2017, 1:21:57 AM12/18/17
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Tim Sheerman-Chase
Hi All,

I've now set up pycrocosm on a server here:

http://api.freestreetmap.org:8010

To try it in josm use:

http://api.freestreetmap.org:8010/api

in preferences. Please try it and let Tim and myself know if you have
any problems.

You will need to register on this server to be able to upload any
changes and there is no guarantee that the changes will be held until we
move fosm.org to this server.

The server has 5TB of storage available. Currently set up as 2x120GB
ssd (raid 1) OS, 2x2TB hdd (raid 1) data and 1x3TB HDD data.

Following on from discussions earlier this year, where I paid for the
current api server, I'm proposing that we move fosm.org to this server
approximately june/july next year as the annual cost will be less than
half of the current cost.

I'll keep the current tile server and am looking at building a secondary
tile server on this as well.

We also need to discuss a new front page for fosm.org, I'd like it
something like this:

http://freestreetmap.org

with appropriate additional pages.

Cheers