Re: pycrocosm install

Tim Sheerman-Chase

Jan 15, 2018, 11:46:45 AM1/15/18
to osm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been working with Ross to get pycrocosm finished and working as a
hosting solution. Recently, I've been focusing on Django 2 support. What
needs doing before we switch?

I've had a request to have highway=crossing shown on the map. Is it
possible to add it to http://map.fosm.org/ ? This only needs to be shown
at high zoom. It also might be good to have traffic_calming=* showing as
well.

Tim

Tim Sheerman-Chase

Jan 16, 2018, 11:04:36 AM1/16/18
to osm-...@googlegroups.com
At also would be nice to get cycle parking shown...

Tim

Ross Scanlon

Feb 2, 2018, 9:25:21 PM2/2/18
to osm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As Tim said we've been working on pycrocosm on the new server.

Before we change over, probably end of July, I'd like some thoughts on a
new front page for fosm.org

I've set one up at:

http://freestreetmap.org

You will see that it's similar to what is currently at map.fosm.org with
a few additions.

If you have a current fosm account you need to go to "Login->Migrate
fosm account" to move your fosm account to the new server. This will
need to be done before you can login to the api server to edit data with
josm.

2. browse now works as well, eg:

http://freestreetmap.org/node/1000595668254

3. user pages also work, eg:

http://freestreetmap.org/user/Rosscoe

The user page will only work if you have migrated your fosm account.
It's also limited to showing edits only at this point.

At present the server is updating the api database from fosm.org
database so it's not recommended to add/edit data on the new server.
Once the server is fully migrated then it should not require any changes
to josm to edit data.

Any additions/edits done only on the new server will most likely get
lost in the changeover.

If you encounter any errors or other problems please let me know.

Eventually as part of the new server planet dumps and selected extracts
will be available, probably every six months.

As to highway=crossing, traffic_calming=* and cycle parking when I get
some more time I'll look adding these to the map server.

Cheers
Ross

Tim Sheerman-Chase

Feb 3, 2018, 8:54:37 PM2/3/18
to osm-...@googlegroups.com

On 03/02/18 02:25, Ross Scanlon wrote:
Hi All,

As Tim said we've been working on pycrocosm on the new server.

Before we change over, probably end of July, I'd like some thoughts on a new front page for fosm.org
Yep, it's looking good!

3. user pages also work, eg:

http://freestreetmap.org/user/Rosscoe
Strangely, this gives me a 404 error.

At present the server is updating the api database from fosm.org database so it's not recommended to add/edit data on the new server.  Once the server is fully migrated then it should not require any changes to josm to edit data.
I'd suggest we either have it editable or importing changes. Perhaps switch back and forth so we can fully test it?

Any additions/edits done only on the new server will most likely get lost in the changeover.
Yes, that is the sensible approach.

If you encounter any errors or other problems please let me know.
And me! (if its a software development issue)

As to highway=crossing, traffic_calming=* and cycle parking when I get some more time I'll look adding these to the map server.
Thanks. I have some ideas on some of the details. Can the stylesheets be put on github unless they are already?

Tim

Ross Scanlon

Feb 4, 2018, 3:57:50 AM2/4/18
to osm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

3. user pages also work, eg:

http://freestreetmap.org/user/Rosscoe
Strangely, this gives me a 404 error.

Fixed.  I could say something like you spotted my deliberate error but I forgot a ? in the regex.

At present the server is updating the api database from fosm.org database so it's not recommended to add/edit data on the new server.  Once the server is fully migrated then it should not require any changes to josm to edit data.
I'd suggest we either have it editable or importing changes. Perhaps switch back and forth so we can fully test it?

Have to investigate how to do this and I'd probably need access to the fosm.org domain registrar account.

If you encounter any errors or other problems please let me know.
And me! (if its a software development issue)

As to highway=crossing, traffic_calming=* and cycle parking when I get some more time I'll look adding these to the map server.
Thanks. I have some ideas on some of the details. Can the stylesheets be put on github unless they are already?

The fosm carto files are here:

https://github.com/4x4falcon/fosm-carto

Cheers
Ross

Kevin Peat

Feb 4, 2018, 5:03:30 AM2/4/18
to osm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross,

Good work by both yourself and Tim. I think this style of site looks fine. Looking forward to switching over.

Regards,
Kevin