Map server inconsistency

Tim Sheerman-Chase

May 7, 2019, 3:35:16 PM5/7/19
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Ross
Hi,

I remember mapping an area around Church Road near me. It shows on the
slippy map ok http://map.fosm.org/#map/18/50.8025/-1.0779

But when I query the API, the data is missing.
http://api.fosm.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=-1.0805011,50.8016834,-1.0771912,50.8032853
Any ideas?

Can the slippy tiles and API server get out of sync?

Tim

Tim Sheerman-Chase

May 7, 2019, 9:56:30 PM5/7/19
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Ross Scanlon

I think some data is missing but I have not noticed any other problems
so it might be limited in time.

Example, this building should have a name and probably a note:
http://api.fosm.org/api/0.6/way/1000002510515/full It was mostly address
mapping data that seems to be missing.

I went through my gpx files and found the date I surveyed that road,
which was the 11th Feb 2018. I normally enter data on the day I survey,
but not always. This is well before the original fosm map server died,
which was about 15th June 2018. I'm inclined to just re-enter the data
and keep an eye out for any other problems.

Did you manage to recompile the pgmap tools before the dump?

Tim

On 08/05/2019 00:44, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> The map server should follow all diffs from the api server.
>
> Not sure if the data is missing.
>
> The api link shows lots of data in that bbox.
>
> Is there one object in the area that shows on the map but is not in
> the data?
>
> Also new planet file generated with pgmap as at 5 May 2019 is available.
>
> Cheers
> Ross

Ross Scanlon

May 8, 2019, 12:27:25 AM5/8/19
to Tim Sheerman-Chase, osm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

pgmap was recompiled before the dump.

Cheers

Ross

Tim Sheerman-Chase

May 8, 2019, 10:21:14 PM5/8/19
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Ross
Thanks, I'm taking a look at the dump now!

I've added the missing data from 11th Feb 2018 and now certain features
appear twice on the slippy map:
http://map.fosm.org/#map/18/50.8032/-1.0787 It's pretty minor but rather
strange (a few addresses and a footpath).

Tim

On 08/05/2019 05:27, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> Hi Tim,

Tim Sheerman-Chase

May 12, 2019, 4:35:59 PM5/12/19
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Ross Scanlon

I've managed to import the latest dump fosm-planet_20190215022101.o5m.gz
without problems or duplicates. I've been working towards getting that
working for ages! :)

Thanks to Ross for testing my various attempts!

Tim

On 08/05/2019 05:27, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> Hi Tim,

Tim Sheerman-Chase

May 12, 2019, 7:40:59 PM5/12/19
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Ross Scanlon

Oops, yes the one you mentioned http://fosm.org/planet/fosm-planet_20190501174901.o5m.gz was the working dump. The ones from earlier in the year had duplicate problems!

Tim

On 13/05/2019 00:36, Ross Scanlon wrote:

Hi Tim,

The latest dump is fosm-planet_20190501174901.o5m.gz

Did you try this one?

Cheers
Ross

Ross Scanlon

May 12, 2019, 7:53:53 PM5/12/19
to osm-...@googlegroups.com, Tim Sheerman-Chase

I'll restart the automatic generation of planet files which will occur on the 1st of the month.

Cheers

Ross

Tim Sheerman-Chase

May 13, 2019, 7:31:30 AM5/13/19