OSMAnd can't get results from BRouter / Android 14

Jan DL1JPH

Jan 13, 2024, 12:38:42 PMJan 13
to osm-android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
when trying to get a route from BRouter with OSMAnd, I get a toast message "Could not calculate route" and a filesystem path (incomplete). Looking at the logcat, there are a few entries that seem relevant:

System.err: Startup service btools.routingapp.IBRouterService took too long 803 ms
net.osmand: RouteProvider Start finding route from Location[mProvider=fused,mTime=1704961250796,mLatitude=48.830107,mLongitude=8.3910419,mHasAltitude=true,mAltitude=475.3300018310547,mHasSpeed=true,mSpeed=0.3513508,mHasBearing=true,mBearing=252.98732,mHasAccuracy=true,mAccuracy=13.8,mHasVerticalAccuracy=true,mVerticalAccuracy=4.4186625 to Lat 48.831482 Lon 8.39268 using BRouter (offline) {pool-6-thread-1}
net.osmand: RouteProvider Finding route contained 0 points for 116 ms {pool-6-thread-1}

If I try to rerun BRouter from the app, it seems to work fine, at least without any obvious error messages. OSMAnd apparently just doesn't get the data.

I noticed the issue shortly after I upgraded to Android 14/Samsung OneUI 6.0. It worked fine before the upgrade.

Reinstalling everything unfortunately didn't help.

I'd appreciate any pointers on what might be going wrong, if you need more information I can post the full logcat.

Thanks,
Jan

Long Distance Cycling

May 5, 2024, 6:50:58 AMMay 5
to OSM Android bikerouting
After a lot of messing around, it turned out to be a very unhelpful response to a corrupted routing profile. Once I fixed that, the error went away.