Set start point in Oruxmaps

emmeicsics

Jan 23, 2024, 12:23:40 PMJan 23
to OSM Android bikerouting
I can't find a way to create a route by setting not only the end point but also the starting point.

There are occasions where I'm in a place but want to create a route that starts from a different place. And the GPS is off.
In Oruxmaps there are options to center the map in a certain point but the routing always starts from the last position when the gps was on.

Is there a way to set a starting point for a route?

Thank you
  maxx

emmeicsics

Jan 25, 2024, 1:42:12 AMJan 25
to OSM Android bikerouting
I received the answer from Hans Straßgütl through a private email because of some technical problem.
  1. In Oruxmaps there is that red button at the bottom. Touch that.
  2. A variety of blue buttons appear. Select the one to load a rout / waypoint
  3. A Menue appears, select search (BRouter/Graphopper)
  4. Now the Brouter Routenplaner Menue appears.
  5. Move the map to where you want to start, tap on the screen or use the green (+) at the bottom
  6. Move the map to your destination, tap the destinantion or once more the green (+)
  7. Your route appears on the display
That is not exactly what I see in my Android version of Oruxmaps. In my case:
  1. menu Track/Route tools (or tap on the track/Route icon on the top icons)
  2. Search route
  3. A box opens at the bottom of the map, there's a Data source select menu where I can choose between various routing services. And there are icons to add/remove/finalize wayponts. When you tap on finalize a route is drawn on the map.
I had tried that but it didn't work, probably I did something wrong.
This way it is not as straightforward as the long touch on the destination point method but it works.

Thank you