Maximizing elevation

Kobe Van Dijck

Dec 1, 2020, 8:10:51 AM12/1/20
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hello,

I thought the BRouter algoritm would be helpful in maximizing elevation in my routes. I'd like to climb as much as possible in my routes for training purposes. I tryed filling in negative uphillcosts or downhillcosts but i don't seem to be able to maximize the elevation in my route. Basically i want the BRouter algoritm to minimize all costs EXCEPT elevation i want the uphillcost to be negative so that a route with more uphill is preferred over a flatter route resulting in a lower overal routecost.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Kobe

Poutnik Fornntp

Dec 1, 2020, 9:35:10 AM12/1/20
to Kobe Van Dijck, OSM Android bikerouting
You may try my on demand experimental profiles Trekking-No-Flat and Trekking-hilly-paths from Https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/

You may also try to experiment with uphillcostfactor and downhillcostfactor., keeping them lower than costfactor.

Poutnik Fornntp

Dec 1, 2020, 9:50:52 AM12/1/20