suggestions for BRouter-web best practices for everyday route planning/storing?

Piotr Bartkowiak (PeeJay)

Aug 25, 2023, 5:03:17 AM8/25/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
while I was using BRouter with Locus Map on my mobile for years now, I've only discovered BRouter-web about a month ago and.. I'm starting to love it.

for starters: I always planned my hikes/bicycle trips working on laptop/desktop in Google Maps Engine or even in Garmin's Explore, but the first one has poor coverage of foot/bike paths, and the second one is mostly laggy as hell. their benefit tho is that I can "save" and keep my projects in one place, along with all the settings and I can get back to it whenever and wherever I want, which I do quite regularly, and export/transfer them to destination apps/devices when needed.

being a fan of privacy-driven software I very much like that brouter-web doesn't require any logins, accounts etc. but... sometimes I'd love to have something like "an account-like" experience like this mentioned above.

I know that I can bookmark the url containing current route, I know that I can download/upload the track etc. and sure - I am doing it already [and I am syncing all the gpx files between my devices so I can play with them at home, at work or wherever I need to], but I also wonder - is there any "better" way to keep all the tracks [both finished, ready to go, and those "in progress" that still needs some polishing] along with profile settings, no-go areas etc.?

what are your ways of managing all the tracks? any tips that could turn me from a happy, regular brouter user into brouter-ninja-master? ;)