Reduce the number of waypoints

Mecktommes

Jan 17, 2023, 12:46:52 PM1/17/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
I have created a route by setting a start and destination point on the map. The automatically created route from start to destination has many, many waypoints, which I do not need for further processing. Now the question: Is there a way to reduce the number of automatically set waypoints? I would be grateful for any advice.
Greetings from the south.

Poutnik Fornntp

Jan 17, 2023, 2:20:17 PM1/17/23
to Mecktommes, OSM Android bikerouting
What exactly do you mean by waypoints?

Viapoints - must go through
Shaping points - forcing other than default route,
Navigation points - crossing with given visual/voice instructions
Trackpoints - points joining way segments of OpenStreetMap way network