Fastbike routes over dirt where trekking bike routes over paved

Piotr Kubowicz

Aug 23, 2023, 9:34:19 AM8/23/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
I saw a strange anomaly. Having the same route, road bike profile prefers going over surface=dirt:

where the default profile ('trekking bike') goes over surface=paving_stones:

It should never happen that 'fastbike' chooses unpaved surface where non-road bike profile chooses paved surface.

By the way, the surface isn't paving stones, it's asphalt. The statistics widget does not handle surface:cycleway correctly, I commented it in https://github.com/nrenner/brouter-web/issues/438#issuecomment-1689450519 (issue stays closed, maybe it should be reopened or another issue should be created). I don't know if built-in profiles handle surface correctly or not.

Raul Veldhuizen

Apr 15, 2024, 4:50:47 AMApr 15
to OSM Android bikerouting
when I look at the 'files' they both follow the same route.