GPX Export with generated waypoints

Ben V

May 15, 2022, 5:25:43 AM5/15/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
My Garmin 800 is calculating the routing on its own between waypoints from the exported track. This results in a different routing on my Gamin as I intented on the website.

On the old gpsies.com it was possible to export with additional waypoints set automatically. I don't remember exactly but I think those waypoints where generated between the ones the uses sets for every 200m or so. So that the Garmin in effect does not have any incentive to calculate a route on its own. The amount of generated waypoints was chosable, making it possible to adjust for the needs.

I seldom use this so maybe I am wrong. Or maybe there is some other setup that would prevent my Garmin 800 from calculating its own route. In this case I would be glad for a hint.

Thanks a lot for the software! I might check out the code and try to help if I find the time.

Ben

Manuel Fuhr

May 16, 2022, 10:29:12 AM5/16/22
to Ben V, OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Ben,

I'm not sure how to convince your Garmin to use the track without any additional waypoints. I think this shouldn't be part of BRouter, because there are existing ways to modify the track before loading it into your Garmin. Gpsbabel contains an interpolate filter (
https://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/filter_interpolate.html) which does exactly what you want.

Best Regards,
Manuel

Norbert Renner

May 16, 2022, 2:48:26 PM5/16/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Haven't really used it for a while, but what I did for Garmin Edge 705 was to convert the GPX into the Garmin TCX format with gpsbabel and then to manually copy that into the /Garmin/Courses folder on the device:

gpsbabel -i gpx -f "$INFILE" -o gtrnctr -F "$OUTFILE"

0709

May 17, 2022, 1:54:48 AM5/17/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Correct advise by Norbert. Use for Garmin Edge cycle gps range.
True 100% faithtfull track navigation by Garmin tcx course file.
You can convert the gpx into a tcx file by the Locus map app.
Brouter export track Locus style > Contains track & navwaypoints.
@ import the gpx into Locus > MUST set merge points + track !
Tap the displayed imported track and than (menu) select export.
Set file format TCX > Export the tcx course file.

Op maandag 16 mei 2022 om 20:48:26 UTC+2 schreef Norbert Renner:
True Track Navigation.pdf