BRouter-Web release 0.18.0

Norbert Renner

Jun 25, 2022, 4:41:05 AM6/25/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
BRouter-Web release 0.18.0 is online at
(best do a hard refresh with Ctrl+Shift+R or Ctrl-F5).

There will be a message with a link to the changes of this release with the next call. You can always revisit the changelog by clicking "About" and then "What's new?".

Lodro Gyamtso

Jun 25, 2022, 11:30:41 AM6/25/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
it will be nice, if there was a page with brouter 0.16 for those who have old PC / browsers

Thomas Froitzheim

Jun 25, 2022, 12:30:48 PM6/25/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Congretulations! The only thing that I wish is to have BRouter-Web in a kind of full-screen-view because I use an 7"-Tablet and I failed in finding a good full-screen browser up to now.

Norbert Renner

Jun 25, 2022, 1:49:49 PM6/25/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
> it will be nice, if there was a page with brouter 0.16 for those who have old PC / browsers

If you don't mind, please open an issue with the browser and version and any error message in the console (F12), so we can see what we can do:

> The only thing that I wish is to have BRouter-Web in a kind of full-screen-view

Could you also please open an issue so it doesn't get lost. There is some initial work to make it a Progressive/Trusted Web App (PWA/TWA) that might include full-screen, but I think there could also be a button/menu item to open in full-screen with the user's permission.

Lodro Gyamtso

Jun 25, 2022, 3:14:59 PM6/25/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
github does not support old web browsers to make new account. only to read is ok (so far)

about error
SyntaxError: expected expression, got keyword 'import'[Learn More]  brouter-web.js:55:7723

brouter 16 works OK
brouter 17 bug to make export gpx
brouter 18 empty page - nothing to see

Norbert Renner

Jun 26, 2022, 7:20:30 AM6/26/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Thanks for the infos.

Due to a limited test I thought the import() call would be seen as function and only fail when actually called on non-supporting browsers, instead of stopping parsing on load.

What browser and version do you use? Internet Explorer 11?

Lodro Gyamtso

Jun 26, 2022, 12:43:15 PM6/26/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Firefox 52.9.0 esr

Norbert Renner

Jun 29, 2022, 5:18:38 AM6/29/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
The problems with older Browsers (startup and export) should be fixed now in version 0.18.1 (tested with Firefox 56).

Lodro Gyamtso

Jun 29, 2022, 4:39:58 PM6/29/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Norbert,

i have test latest update of 0.18.1 and i will confirm that all issues i had with 0.17 and 0.18 has solved

thanks