Layers and profile

Franck Dubosc

May 13, 2024, 11:59:36 PMMay 13
to OSM Android bikerouting

Good morning

I'm new to this group and I'm using Google translate to write this message.

I find BRouter great and I use it almost every day, for cycling but also for hiking. Well done to all the designers!

My question is simple: I want to save 2 profiles with optional layers, overlays and places Pls (water point, grocery store etc...), one for cycling with specific layers and another for hiking.

I copied the 2 internet addresses which contain all this information, I put them in bookmarks but with each new Firefox session, I cannot find my profile. Do you have a solution?

I hope the question hasn't been asked yet, otherwise I apologize. Thank you and have a good day.

Poutnik Fornntp

May 14, 2024, 2:56:43 AMMay 14
to Franck Dubosc, OSM Android bikerouting
I suggest not to use the term profile in meaning on the website settings, as the term profile is already reserved in BRouter context to routing profiles that are script-like text file describing routing preferences.

Franck Dubosc

May 16, 2024, 12:55:08 AMMay 16
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hello and ok, I have taken note of your message.
On the other hand, I don't have a solution to my problem and I'm bothered because, each session, I have to reconfigure my layers.

Manuel Fuhr

May 16, 2024, 12:55:18 AMMay 16
to Franck Dubosc, OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Franck,

brouter-web stores configuration on enabled optional layers in local browser storage. If you reopen the website, it should be still there. Unfortunately layer configuration is not represented in the URL/address.

Best regards
Manuel

Manuel Fuhr

May 16, 2024, 8:57:29 AMMay 16
to Franck Dubosc, OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Franck,

If your browser doesn't store any configuration you should check if cookies/local storage works as expected (e.g. because of incognito/private mode).

For Firefox there is a Multi Account Container addon which allows using different settings for the same page. This isn't specific to BRouter.

Best Regards
Manuel