Reisezeit (Traveltime)

womisa

Aug 12, 2021, 11:03:45 AM8/12/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hello,
which parameters do I have to set for the "BRouterWeb" in the profile eg: Hiking (Beta) (hiking-beta.brf ?) so that I can influence the travel time?

Thanks Achim

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 12, 2021, 12:51:33 PM8/12/21
to womisa, OSM Android bikerouting
It very depends on transportation mode.

For foot profiles, time estimation is AFAIK hardcoded withing Brouter.

For car profiles, you can tweak kinematic model parameters, mostly max speed, car mass or perhaps engine power.

Bicycle profiles use their own kinematic model, with the most influential parameters the pedalling power (Watts) and the ( total ) mass. minor parameters are rolling and drag resistence coefficients.

See e.g.

Dne 12. srpna 2021 17:03:49 "'womisa' via OSM Android bikerouting" <osm-android...@googlegroups.com> napsal:

Hello,
which parameters do I have to set for the "BRouterWeb" in the profile eg: Hiking (Beta) (hiking-beta.brf ?) so that I can influence the travel time?

Thanks Achim

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 14, 2021, 5:31:26 AM8/14/21
to womisa, OSM Android bikerouting
I often use estimated total weight (my weight, bike weight, luggage weight)  and relatively low power like 85 W to estimate the effective travelling speed or ETA.

Once personally tuned, it is quite reliable even for "expedition mode" on long distance trips with many breaks, with low effort on a loaded bicycle.