waypoints to match cycle paths ?

seabastia

Jul 31, 2021, 5:24:04 AM7/31/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
I am having a hard time when creating routes to match bike paths . sometimes it is ok but other times I will create a parallel  route even if I tick on "EV5" boxes.

Is ther an issue ?

seabastia

Aug 1, 2021, 1:50:44 AM8/1/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
I found a box to tick "stick to  cycleroutes" but it does not seem to work .. Anyone ?

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 1, 2021, 2:05:22 AM8/1/21
to seabastia, OSM Android bikerouting
By cycle paths, do you mean cycle routes as cycle tourist marking?

Or cycleways as dedicated way?

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 1, 2021, 2:35:15 AM8/1/21
to seabastia, OSM Android bikerouting
Most Brouter profiles do not use "hard preference" to the routes, but give them preference advantage, that may or may not be used.

It generally works, but it may fail in cases the cyclo route makes horizontal a/o vertical detours to follow pleasant roads or visit nice places.

You can always make manual adjustments.

You may try this profile
( Click on the RAW button before downloading )

And try tweaking the parameter
cycleroutes_pref 0.2
toward the value 1.0
( or even toward 5,
but it is rather for long e distance routes)

You can either upload the profile to Brouter web,
or store it in the profiles2 folder
of the BRouter application.