how to create a loop that uses 2 time the same road

Arnaud

Jul 27, 2021, 5:19:35 AM7/27/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi,
Sorry I am a beginner
I want to create a trace that is a loop and go back by the same road that I have selected to start my  tour.  Could you help me please ?
Thanks
Arnaud

Flor Geysen

Jul 7, 2022, 2:08:12 AMJul 7
to OSM Android bikerouting
Arnaud, i have the same problem and didn't get a answer !!!!!

Volker Schmidt

Jul 7, 2022, 11:04:46 AMJul 7
to Flor Geysen, OSM Android bikerouting
I have no direct answer. But I would not hesitate to produce two traces: one outbound, and one inbound.

Lodro Gyamtso

Jul 8, 2022, 8:06:23 AMJul 8
to OSM Android bikerouting
i will answer to the question "how to create a loop that uses 2 time the same road". I will not care what is the reason for someone to do this action.

using brouter or maybe other similar methods
step 1
point A is the departure. Point B is the destination.

step 2
we don't quit the routing (very important), we go back to the departure and a few meters near to this point we make a new destination. Zero meters away from departure is not allowed. Of course previous destination is now intermediate point.

step 3
if need it, we add some waypoints (as intermediate stops), to force the route algorithm to follow the roads we like. Those roads must be two way driving.