highway=no

Jan Cnops

Sep 4, 2021, 6:44:21 AM9/4/21
to OSM Android bikerouting

Recently in Belgium we started using the highway=no tag to map proposed cycle routes in Openstreetmap. It turns out however that Brouter interprets such ways as  existing ways suitable for bicycles. Likewise, bicycle routes with status=proposed are treated as existing routes.

Is there any easy way out of this conundrum?

Poutnik Fornntp

Sep 4, 2021, 6:53:00 AM9/4/21
to Jan Cnops, OSM Android bikerouting
By cycle routes, do you mean truly cycle routes ( marking of existing highway=* , similarly hiking routes ) or cycleways ( highway=cycleway, i.e. dedicated physical way )  ?

Dne 4. září 2021 12:44:23 Jan Cnops <jan....@gmail.com> napsal:

Recently in Belgium we started using the highway=no tag to map proposed cycle routes in Openstreetmap. It turns out however that Brouter interprets such ways as  existing ways suitable for bicycles. Likewise, bicycle routes with status=proposed are treated as existing routes.

Is there any easy way out of this conundrum?

Volker Schmidt

Sep 4, 2021, 8:19:52 AM9/4/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
For the individual ways si utizza highway=construction. For a route you can use state=proposed or state=construction