Can I export points of interest with GPX?

Boni Hollóssy

Apr 23, 2022, 1:24:05 PM4/23/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi!

Is it possible to include the points of interest when I export a GPX, so then the points of interest show up in Locus?

Thanks,
Boni

Manuel Fuhr

May 3, 2022, 3:03:44 PM5/3/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Boni,

I assume you are talking about the webfrontend brouter-web? You can easily include Points of Interest in your GPX export if you activate the checkbox "Include Waypoints" in the export dialog.

Best Regards,
Manuel

Boni Hollóssy

May 11, 2022, 3:10:02 PM5/11/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Dang, I just found this email in my spam folder!

Yes, i'm talking about brouter-web. If I check "include waypoints" it will export all my waypoints, which will show up as POIs in Locus. However, it won't actually export the POIs that I marked in brouter-web.

Norbert Renner

May 16, 2022, 1:46:35 PM5/16/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Do you mean POIs added manually with the button on the left or places queried from Overpass API using the layer switcher?

Boni Hollóssy

May 21, 2022, 10:51:07 AM5/21/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
I mean the POIs you can add with the button on the left.

Norbert Renner

May 21, 2022, 2:01:34 PM5/21/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
They should be exported by default as wpt, e.g.:

<wpt lon="9.270734" lat="47.693855">
   <name>Burg Meersburg</name>
</wpt>

You should see that when you open the GPX file in a text editor.

Don't know how Locus treats them.

Norbert Renner

May 25, 2022, 3:47:56 AM5/25/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
You probably export POIs with empty names?

I just realized (again) that the server export doesn't support empty names and that I haven't deployed a workaround yet that makes names mandatory. Will be fixed with the upcoming release.

Boni Hollóssy

May 31, 2022, 2:35:22 PM5/31/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Yes, I think I was exporting points with empty names. It's all working now, the POIs show up in Locus, thank you very much! Just made my life much easier.
🙂