Cycleways (Fahrradstraßen) are not considered by the routing algorithm

Lars Berning

Aug 18, 2020, 2:41:26 AM8/18/20
to OSM Android bikerouting
I just noticed that currently the default routing profiles does not seem to consider the bicycle_road attribute when calculating the cost of a road. The tag is only used to determine whether a road is accessible for a bike.

This corresponds to this type of road that is available in Germany: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:bicycle_road

In my experience those are one of the best roads to choose when going with the bike.

There is a Cycleway tagged with bicycle_road in the street "Im Erlich" which is a much better choice than the okayish cycle lane at the main road.

Maybe those roads could get a little boost for the routing algorithm?

bueffeltaler

Jan 1, 2021, 8:39:05 AM1/1/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hallo,
that's not a BRouter-problem. In OSM you will find a oneway-segment (distance: about 2m), where routing against the direction is impossible (or very expensive). Please contact a local OSM-mapper or send me some photos of the crossing.
Best wishes for 2021. bueffeltaler

bueffeltaler

Jan 1, 2021, 8:42:05 AM1/1/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Update: the problem exists at "Weiterstädter Straße" / "Im Ehrlich"