One ways are overruled if route is manual changed

Stefan Müller

Jan 13, 2023, 7:05:43 AM1/13/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hello all.

I am not an English native speaker but i try my best to explain. ;-)

I discovered that if you change a the course of route inside a city, broute will ignore on ways without a notice!

If you make a route from A to B one ways are taken into account. But if you change the course between A and B manually, brouter will allow the course to get also against one ways. Other online bike routing tools with OSM do not allow this!

I think it ist great that you can do what ever you want and overrule the software.
But i also think it should be a notice that the part of the course is against a one way!
Other wise you will just realize it when you are already on the road. Meaning when you already are standing in front of the one way in hurry. Or worse driving against it without realizing.

So if there are any developers around here:
Please just change it that you get some visual notice for the part which is against a one way. Maybe an other color, or dashed, or little "x"es on the line, or whatever. ;-)

I don't know if this is for all cities. I only know it for Vienna, Austria, EU.

Here in example:
"Stiegengasse", from "Linke Wienzeile" to "Gumpendorferstraße" in the 6th district in Vienna or 1060 Wien. This​ is a one way where you are not allowed to drive against it with the bike. (Because in Vienna there are some one ways where this would be allowed. But not here!)

Greetings from Vienna.

Stefan Müller

Jan 13, 2023, 7:10:58 AM1/13/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
Here the direct-link to the example:
If you now drag the course to or through the "Stiegengasse" it will allow it althoug it it against the one way.

Stefan Müller

Jan 13, 2023, 7:14:34 AM1/13/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
Or here a second example:
"Reisnerstraße" is also only a one way towards "Heumarkt".

0709

Jan 13, 2023, 10:28:03 AM1/13/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
Brouter calulates the total quickest solution by the additional Via.
Fastest can be get off the bike and continue on foot for a while.
Notice in Data the cost per km for the necessary bike dismount .
Color the route according to the cost would indicate the change.
One way bike dismount penalty.png
Brouter gpx track export lacks timestamps and so the speed reference.
Apps with track color according to speed would show this as well.

Stefan Müller

Jan 15, 2023, 4:19:45 PM1/15/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
Thanks for your answer.
But the problem is still that brouter does not show this automaticly in an other color or in any other way. At least if i change the route.
I don't know why on your screenshot the color ist yellow. When i change it brouter only shows the yellow part when i open the data tab and go with the mouse over the specific part of the route.

Bildschirmfoto_2023-01-15_22-12-22.jpg