BRouter & OsmAnd

tuky00

Aug 10, 2021, 2:01:40 AM8/10/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
When I open BRouter Android App I red:

1) Download Manager
2) BRouter App

For the first point it's all clear for the second I choose (example car-eco) and after I see 6 options from "foot_short" to "motorcar_fast")and it's possible flag on all 6; how it's possible?

In OsmAnd (I use only the car!)where it's possible change service-mode from motorcar_short to motorcar_fast or it's impossible inside application and it's possible only in "Choose service-modes" to configure (inside BRouter app.). When I change inside BRouter app the choose it's valid also in OsmAnd?

I can work only in "Server Mode" (other mode for me it's very difficult!) and when I use OsmAnd (navigation profile off-line BRouter) and I select "No toll roads" and "No motorways" the software instead use "toll roads" and "motorways"; what I can do? I think that the changes (example fast in OsmAnd) for BRouter are not valid.

ThankYou

abrensch

Aug 10, 2021, 4:30:15 AM8/10/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
>> I choose (example car-eco) and after I see 6 options from
>> "foot_short" to "motorcar_fast")and it's possible flag on all 6; how it's possible?

This defines the mapping for the 6 modes in OsmAnd (foot/bike/car * short/fast) to brouter-profiles

And it's allowed to map more then one mode to the same profile

>> I select "No toll roads" and "No motorways" the software instead use "toll roads" and "motorways"; what I can do?

true, these flags are not propagated from OsmAnd to BRouter

Only the "fast" flag is propagated, it's part of the key to select from the 6 modes.

If you want "no toll" or "no motorway" you have to use a profile supporting this and configure it directly in the profile script.

In contrast to OsmAnd, LocusMaps supports the "no toll" or "no motorway" flags directly.

tuky00

Aug 10, 2021, 8:38:42 AM8/10/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Thank You; it's very well!!!

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 10, 2021, 9:36:32 AM8/10/21
to tuky00, OSM Android bikerouting
What is exactly the reason you use Brouter for car navigation, instead of the native Osmand navigation? ( Distance issue can be managed by heuristic coefficient ).

Also consider, unless recent change has been made, that OSMand internal communication with Brouter does not support Brouter navigation hints. Therefore turning direct is based on physical turning.

Osmand can use crossroad/junction Brouter hints, if the route is exported by Brouter web or app as GPX file, containing OSMand-style hints. Then OSMand has to be used in the following GPX route mode.

LocusMap does not have this limitation.

tuky00

Aug 10, 2021, 10:42:12 AM8/10/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
I like and know OsmAnd but after one (It's few!!!!) test I have seen that BRouter has a trip of 29.7 Km instead 33.4 Km!!! But the problem it's that BRouter use toll way and I don't like!!!! Was possible do this of 29,7 Km using  no toll way!!! But if You tell me about these problem (i have seen on user manual about script, config, program lines etc.) I will use only OsmAnd, because I'm not Bill Gates!!!!!
Thank You; it's very well!!!
By

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 10, 2021, 11:04:45 AM8/10/21
to tuky00, OSM Android bikerouting
OSMand does not know, how to tell Brouter not to use toll roads.

it must be done by modification of the Brouter profile from

assign avoid_toll          = false
assign avoid_toll          = true
You can have under car-fast and car-short transportation modes assigned profiles car-fast-toll and car-fast-tollfree.

tuky00

Aug 10, 2021, 11:39:41 AM8/10/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Ok , very well. Thank You

Poutnik Fornntp

Aug 10, 2021, 1:53:57 PM8/10/21
to tuky00, OSM Android bikerouting
I have used tool free Brouter routing for free motorway  travelling across Spain and France, e.g. between Avignon and Clermont-Ferrand.

 It worked perfectly. We paid only if we did not leave motorway in time by a human error.