No turn message in navigation

Waldemar Wawoczny

Oct 14, 2022, 3:20:55 AM10/14/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi,
I create routes in BRouter-web (or bikerouter.de) and then export .GPX.
and download to Locus.
I reported this problem to the Locus (Help Desk), but apparently it's your problem.
What is it about? In the picture: we have a navigation (Locus)
Part 1 leads to a distant intermediate point.
Part 2 to the finish line.
In the photo you can see that these route lines overlap at this point, but BRouter does not show a right turn when navigating.
When I did the route with section 2 (without 1) it was ok. BRouter showed a right turn.
I am waiting for a response
Thank you
WaldekNawigacja_LM.jpg

abrensch

Oct 19, 2022, 3:12:34 AM10/19/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
I have no idea. Sounds to me more like a problem in BRouter-Web, because in recent version of BRouter-Web the final assembly of an exported GPX is done in the Web-Client, not any more on server side. There were definitly issues with missing voice hints at VIA points, but what you are describing seems to be something else.

regards, Arndt

0709

Oct 19, 2022, 11:20:03 AM10/19/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Works correct in Locus with both brouter.de and bikerouter.de results.
But MUST apply turnInstructionMode locus-style before downloading !
At import in Locus MUST select "Merge points with imported track" !
It could be done by now with fewer such pitfalls. Anyway not yet.

https://brouter.de/brouter-web/#map=16/49.6614/19.1137/standard&lonlats=19.110217,49.658756;19.119272,49.663306;19.114638,49.664773;19.10806,49.660932;19.110985,49.658062
https://bikerouter.de/#map=16/49.6614/19.1137/standard&lonlats=19.110217,49.658756;19.119272,49.663306;19.114638,49.664773;19.10806,49.660932;19.110985,49.658062

0709

Oct 20, 2022, 3:32:29 AM10/20/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
I'll answer direct in the  public Brouter forum so that other users can read and use.

Waldemar just report back in Locus help that you have resolved the issue.
This might be mentioned in Locus manual but I can't even find it directly myself.
All this is complicated with many pitfalls and would be better done without selection misery.
Both the Brouter (web) authors are aware. Optimisation beta testing  is ongoing, please be patient.

So what does the already (beta) tested adaptation improve when importing in Locus ?

1. Navigation track simple.
You import the functional navigation track without the need to "merge" with points.
This then ends up nicely in the Locus database tracks section.

2. Navigation track accompanied by 'isolated' poi wpt. (Infomative waypoints).
A. Import into Locus without merge points. You separate the wpt(poi) and track separately in the Locus database points and tracks section
B. Import into Locus with merge points. You keep the wpt(poi) and the track together as one unit in the Locus database tracks department.

You than thus retain all the flexibility to process the poi wpt as desired without even damaging the navigation track in that process.