POI along a route

Philipp Hartlieb

Jun 2, 2021, 5:21:09 AM6/2/21
to OSM Android bikerouting

Hi there, I am looking for options to display POIs along a roue (including deviation to route, etc. as I am used to in may car). Stopping, searching for POIs, then navigting there, is not a very practical solution. I am i.e looking for options to list water fountains, or shops along the route, sot that I can adjust my drinking habit according to the situation. This is especially important on hot days - wouldn't be the first time that I go crazy because of thirst and I can't find fresh water.

So, it would be good to automatically show them in the planning stage, or alternatively dynamically show them on your GPS when you are travelling.

Any thoghts or hints are welcome
Thanks
Philipp

Norbert Renner

Jun 2, 2021, 3:17:40 PM6/2/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
In BRouter-Web you can query POIs for the current map view (updates when moving the map).

In the "Layers" panel (top right) click "More", then "Locations (POIs) > amenity > sustenance > Drinking Water" to add as overlay, then activate.

Philipp Hartlieb

Jun 3, 2021, 5:44:51 AM6/3/21
to OSM Android bikerouting

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I know this option. Unfortunately, this does not translate to automated display of POIs along a route. One has to zoom in, handpick the points, create a waypoint and then send these to your GPS along with the route. I was looking for something more automatic / "intelligent".

broutertry

Jun 3, 2021, 10:58:58 AM6/3/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Perhaps the second post of this thrad would help:

Philipp Hartlieb

Jun 9, 2021, 6:28:46 AM6/9/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Indeed, a step into the right direction. Thanks for the hint!