Combining rail and road

Ray Miles

Jan 31, 2024, 10:38:29 AMJan 31
to OSM Android bikerouting
I travelled in Italy last year by a combination of rail and road. Is it possible to create a single gpx file showing both, so that I can import it to a map in my slideshow app?

Giovanni Vacca

Jan 31, 2024, 11:15:08 AMJan 31
to OSM Android bikerouting

I'm interested too

Volker Schmidt

Jan 31, 2024, 4:09:10 PMJan 31
to Ray Miles, OSM Android bikerouting
There are many products available to concatenate GPX tracks. Computer programs like Garmin Mapsource o Basecamp, RouteConverter, ... o websites like GPSvisualizer.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024, 16:38 Ray Miles, <raymil...@gmail.com> wrote:
I travelled in Italy last year by a combination of rail and road. Is it possible to create a single gpx file showing both, so that I can import it to a map in my slideshow app?

Ray Miles

Feb 1, 2024, 7:31:12 AMFeb 1
to OSM Android bikerouting
Thanks. I downloaded RouteConverter to my Mac and, after some trial and error, managed to merge two gpx files (There didn't seem to be an online manual!)

Giovanni Vacca

Feb 1, 2024, 8:22:28 AMFeb 1
to OSM Android bikerouting
I know this, but what I need that Brouter calculate railroad like a normal road