Sharing?

Michael Hessi

Aug 24, 2022, 3:33:26 AM8/24/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Folks,

may I include some map via iFrame to document a trip?

Is there any way to apply the customized vehicle profiles? The estimated consumption figures are very close to reality and I would like to mention that in the text. Unfortunately, it jumps back to a trekking bike when I embed it on the website.

TIA
Regards
Michael

Norbert Renner

Aug 26, 2022, 1:01:36 PM8/26/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
No, please don't share a brouter-web link in an iFrame, it creates load on the server every time someone looks at it. Please export the track and show that using Leaflet or use a track sharing site for embedding.

Also, sharing customized profiles is not supported yet.

Michael Hessi

Aug 27, 2022, 6:20:51 AM8/27/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Thanks a lot!

I now use Leaflet and the Leaflet extensions under Wordpress. This runs absolutely smoothly and I can now create really nice maps with it without robbing foreign resources. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Only one small question I still have, but it does not fit to topic: I have a complete route with all waypoints. Can I split the route so that I can export only the routes between the waypoints?

Currently I help myself by estimating in the GPX file where the individual route ends, and then delete everything else.

Norbert Renner

Sep 2, 2022, 6:15:53 AM9/2/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
> Can I split the route so that I can export only the routes between the waypoints?

No. Don't know what your use case is, but there is an open feature request "Split multi-day bike trip":

Judith Keefe

Nov 30, 2022, 8:44:54 PM11/30/22
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi Michael and Norbert,
I'm interested in doing the same thing with our bike group in Guelph - do you have any tips or sample code for hosting Brouter in Leaflet?
Thanks! Also, I really appreciate the tip to not use an iframe directly. that is how we initially produced a sample for the org's board but it doesn't get much other traffic at the moment.

Cheers,
Jude