I can't use BRouter with OSMAnd

Julian Gelman Constantin

Nov 2, 2023, 8:55:02 AM11/2/23
to osm-android...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have seen this before in the group but I couldn't find a solution.

I am trying to follow the instructions to use BRouter in my Android OSMAnd app (4.5.8)

I downloaded and installed BRouter. First, I opened the Download option and downloaded the map for my region. Then, the app. There is a strange message below (see screenshot). Nevertheless, I select Server Mode, as suggested in instructions.

When I go to OSMAnd and create a new profile, there is no option to use BRouter profile (I should be able to select it below the selection of the basic OSMAnd profile and before color selection, but the option is not there, second Screenshot).

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks,
Julian

Screenshot_2023-11-02-09-38-11-400.jpg
Screenshot_2023-11-02-09-38-58-809.jpg

jot ess

Dec 13, 2023, 1:37:24 PM12/13/23
to OSM Android bikerouting
The UI of BRouter is really a bit confusing. I didn't really know what I was doing, too. But as you say: Choose Server.
The setting in Osmand is somewhere else. In my example I show where to choose the routing mode in an existing profile, no, as you tried, while configuring a new profile. Sorry, my UI is in German.
1. Drag this menu from the left screen edge. Tap "Configure Profile".
Screenshot_20231213-192302_OsmAnd+.png

2. In this configure screen(I think there are several other ways to get to this point) choose navigation settings.Screenshot_20231213-192119_OsmAnd+.jpg
3. And here you can set your type of routing. At the very bottom you find BRouter.
Screenshot_20231213-193440_OsmAnd+.png
Screenshot_20231213-193501_OsmAnd+.png

HTH
Best regards