Editing *.brt-profiles on Android 11

Christian Ulbrich

Jun 20, 2021, 9:36:19 AM6/20/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hi,

in the past I used osmand with brouter. I had my individually configured *.brt-files, that I could easily access and edit on /mnt/sdcard/brouter/profiles2/...
With my recent Android 11 phone there is no /mnt/sdcard/... any more. Can anyone please tell me the "new" path to brouter/profiles2/ ? Or any other option of editing the *.brt-files?

Thanks, Chris

A. Fischer

Jun 20, 2021, 10:49:29 AM6/20/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
In Android 11 the space for an app is 'private' - only accessible for the app and not for other apps like editors.
I see 2 ways for you:
- use a Windows (or other system) editor. Copy brf via USB to Windows, edit it and copy back. Usful at home.
- the remote way. Apps can send a remote profile to the BRouter app. So you could store your brf in an editable folder (like Download). But I can't say if osmand can do that for you.

Christian Ulbrich

Jun 20, 2021, 12:29:41 PM6/20/21
to OSM Android bikerouting
Thanks for that explanation. I thought so, Android is getting more complicated :-/
Connecting to my Debian System I was able to access the brouter directory via /internalmemory/Android/data/btools.routingapp/files/brouter/profiles2
:-)