Brouter avoid cycleway

broutertry

Jan 6, 2024, 2:12:39 PMJan 6
to OSM Android bikerouting

Volker Schmidt

Jan 7, 2024, 5:35:32 AMJan 7
to broutertry, OSM Android bikerouting

The "cycleway" is tagged as "path" with no width, with surface=compacted and smoothness=intermediate, whereas the route proposed by BRouter is all living_street with paving_stones.
If you place an additional waypoint on the "cycleway" BRouter changes the route, so it is not a connection problem.
Looking at street-level imagery, I would say that the surface/smoothness tagging of the foot-cycle way is too "pessimistic". Together with the missing width information that would explain BRouter's preference for the longer, but much more bicycle-friendly route along the living streets.

My experience with BRouter and the standard trekking bike profile is that iit often does ignore combined foot-cycle-ways tagged with the highway=path scheme. I have not looked any closer into this, just my personal experience.

Ess Bee

Jan 28, 2024, 9:54:30 AMJan 28
to OSM Android bikerouting
Hello,
I agree, the standard trekking profile has many weeknesses.
As alternative you can try/use this link (my test instance)

I tried last year to change the standard trekking profile, but I had no success till yet.
Regrads
Ess Bee