how to change the bounds of RN/DN?

JW Ren

Sep 5, 2008, 11:19:18 AM9/5/08
to oslo-talk
for using a real glass I always set bounds of RN 1.4--1.9 and DN 0--1,if the lens have several glass the procedure will be tired.

Is there good way to change the default value from 0 0 to my target?such question as bounds of thickeness of glass.

Brian

Sep 15, 2008, 7:32:49 AM9/15/08
to OSLO-Talk
To make the glass on, say, surface 3 variable, first convert it to a
"model" glass
keeping the same RN and DN values. Then issue the commands:

v(varnbr,3,0,rn,1.4,1.9,1);
v(varnbr,3,0,dn,0,1,1);

where varnbr is the next variable to be added.

Here the limits you recommend have been used for RN and DN. Note that
DN is not
dispersion as we know it, it is an OSLO parameter best illustrated by
the diagram on
page 61 of the OSLO Optics Reference. Most common glasses have a value
near 1, and nearly
all have a DN value which lies between 0 and 1 except a few around FK5
which forms the
apex of the triangle.

To control edge thickness, try Optimize>Generate error function>OSLO
Spot size/wavefront
and select "Generate edge thickness operands ON" to see how that
works. If you only have
OSLO EDU, do what I do - put a slider wheel on the problematic TH
value, Enable sw_callback
CCL function ON Level = 5 and you can optimise while watching the
edge. Make sure the
problem TH value is not itself a variable, though, otherwise the
slider-wheel won't work!

Brian
Ancient and Modern Optics

JW.Ren

Sep 16, 2008, 8:24:28 AM9/16/08
to OSLO-Talk
thanks a lot for the detailed answer,I write a CCL to solve it:

for(i=1;i<varnbr;i++)
{
get_vari_name(i);

if(vari_name[0]=='r')
{
vari_min[i-1]=1.49;

JW.Ren

Sep 17, 2008, 11:25:19 AM9/17/08
to OSLO-Talk
I soon found the above CCL can't work!
for(i=1;i<varnbr;i++)
{
get_vari_name(i);

if(vari_name[0]=='R')
{
vari_min[i-1]=1.4;
vari_max[i-1]=1.4;
}

if(vari_name[0]=='D')
{
vari_min[i-1]=0;
vari_max[i-1]=1;
}

}

the DN soon beyond the bounds,as if the bounds didn't exist!though the
varibles spreadsheet shows the min and max bounds value are 1.4---1.9
and DN 0---1.
if I use V()function:

V(i,set,vari_sfn[i-1],vari_cfn[i-1],RN,
1.42,1.83,vari_damp[i-1],vari_incr[i-1]);

it worked.

I don't know what the first CCL changed the OSLO,and make the bounds
misfunctioned.