RE: TLA / TLB compensator for tolerancing

Jack Hlavaty

Jan 2, 2015, 9:17:55 AM1/2/15
to oslo...@googlegroups.com

From: David Dennetiere …..
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:29 AM
To: oslo...@googlegroups.com
Subject: TLA / TLB compensator for tolerancing

Hello everyone,

So I have a somewhat complex system which can be described as an objective (similar to a microscope objective) and a refocusing system.
I am trying to get the tolerance on the orientation of the last lens from the objective (inverse sensitivity evaluation, then monte carlo to take the
rest of the tolerances into account).

The thing is, this orientation induces a optical axis tilt but few aberrations. Since my real system allows for the refocusing system to be
oriented to compensate for that kind of defect, I'd like to set the refocusing group TLA/TLB as a compensator (aka variable) but I don't see how...
Any help would be truly appreciated.

Hope I was clear enough and thank you very much for reading me.

David Dennetiere

Michael Gauvin

Jan 9, 2015, 3:27:40 PM1/9/15
to oslo...@googlegroups.com
Dear David:

Awhile back, Steve Eckhardt did a webinar on the new features in OSLO 6.5 and general tolerancing. I can't remember if he went into setting TLA/TLB as variables. But, you can watch the webinar using the links:
 OSLO 6.5 - An Introduction to the New and Updated Features and Tolerancing                                   WMV format PDF format Aug 2010

There is also a full chapter discussing tolerancing in Chapter 10 of the Programmers reference.

But what I think you are looking for is in the Tolerance-->Update Tolerance Data-->surface dialog. At the bottom of this menu there is an option to display all surface data. Check on this option to see and set your tilt tolerance data.