GENII error function in OSLO LT - error message encountered

optics_jz

Jan 22, 2009, 6:44:37 AM1/22/09
to OSLO-Talk
I tried to work through one example from the OSLO "Optics Reference"
to practice the scaling of a lens to other values of the focal length.
The example I used was the Cooke triplet.
In the course of this exercise, it is required to call the GENII error
function.
When I tried to proceed as outline in the Optics Reference, I
encountered the following error message:

"Error in Geniierf_lt: Error in generated procedure code"

I use OSLO LT 6.4.6.
Is this a software bug? Are some settings in my software wrong?

Suggestions invited!

Brian

Feb 27, 2009, 5:59:56 AM2/27/09
to OSLO-Talk
On Jan 22, 11:44 am, optics_jz <zell...@faroeurope.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Is this a software bug?

I don't think so. I tried it, and it ran perfectly well on OSLO EDU
6.4.6 which you can download at no cost. Try running it on that, and
come back if the problem still persists.

>Are some settings in my software wrong?
One thing you must make sure is that the two DISTOL values on the
GENII dialog box are not set to zero - they are tolerances, not
weights.

The GENII code is a quick way to generate an error function for some
simple applications, but if you want a better understanding of the
optimisation process, and a more flexible error function then download
OPIC for OSLO EDU from the OSLO Knowledge Base or from amoptics.com/
resources

Brian
Ancient and Modern Optics

JW Ren

Sep 28, 2010, 10:41:56 PM9/28/10
to oslo...@googlegroups.com
if you use Genii error function,Perhaps your should understand the meaning of operands.

then you should modify the operands according to the new value of focal length.

hope it will be helpful.