Bug with automatic TX file generation

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal

Mar 4, 2020, 11:01:47 AM3/4/20
to osl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried to add automatic TX file generation in the renderer. When given a non TX texture, it looks for a corresponding TX file, and if not found, it creates one with make_texture.

This works, upon renderer initialization a proper TX file is generated.

But, OSL refuses to read this file. If I stop the renderer and restart it without closing the process, at initialisation it finds that the TX file exists and skips generation, but again, OSL refuses to open it.

If I close the renderer process, and start it again, it finds the TX file, and this time OSL opens it without any issue.

So it seems, that if my application (process) generates a TX file with make_texture, subsequent uses of the TX in OSL in the same process fails. But other processes can read it without any error.

Etienne

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal

Mar 4, 2020, 12:36:51 PM3/4/20
to osl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Strange, I did a full project recompile, and the issue is gone. Maybe only a weird incremental build issue.

If it comes back, I will try doing a reproducible example.