Is it time for LLVM minimum bump?

Larry Gritz

Mar 30, 2020, 7:31:04 PM3/30/20
to OSL Developers List
Now that LLVM 10 is out, does anybody have strong feelings about what our minimum should be for OSL?

(I'm talking strictly about master. We never take away dependency support from a release branch.)

Currently we support LLVM 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Five releases to continue support and test seems excessive. Can we at least bump to 7 minimum? Does anybody even need that?

So let's say, if you still require LLVM < 8, AND you will need to build OSL next/master with it, can you please chime in here or privately and let me know what version you are using and how long you expect to be prevented from upgrading to at least LLVM 8?

--
Larry Gritz
l...@larrygritz.com