Reorientation of MRI DICOM Images and Motion Correction

gial...@gmail.com

May 30, 2018, 3:08:07 PM5/30/18
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Hello,

We are trying to reorient images we've taken on an MRI machine. We've done experiments on mice and in one of the experiments, the mouse's head was slightly tilted to the left and we are trying to find a way in which we can reorient the position in the entire series to be rotated at a specific angle. Is it possible to input specific angles and propagate that orientation throughout a series?

Furthermore on a separate note, we've been seeking for a motion correction tool on Osirix. We have looked at other tools such as SPM, however with tools such as SPM, the DICOM files must be reformatted into NIFTI then after motion correction, must be reformatted back into DICOM again, though unfortunately, we have not found an efficient and reliable tool to reformat from NIFTI to DICOM. As for other forms of motion correction, it seems that the information contained originally in the DICOM images, is lost and rather, the motion corrected image is saved as just a regular jpeg image. Is there some sort of way to do motion correction in Osirix on DICOM MRI images, specifically on non-human images like mice whether it being from a plug-in or a tool already within Osirix?

This is a lot to ask for, but we would really appreciate your time and help.

Thank you,
Gialeigh Liou