Horos new free faster version

Sameer Shamshuddin

Jul 13, 2016, 3:03:55 AM7/13/16
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Hi Folks,

A new (separate version, for license purposes) version of Horos is available which use a new open-source codec for faster handling (loading) of JPEG 2000-compressed files.

See: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.protocols.dicom/e3UMJQ1WQdo

It’s available at the horosproject.org web site.

Please let your colleagues know.

Cheers,

Howard

Garrett Mc

Jun 3, 2017, 6:07:23 AM6/3/17
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Dear Osirix users,
we have the free version on our Mac at work, isolated from PACS to use as teaching database. Recently it has stopped loading big files such as a 560 image cardiac CT , and suggests we buy the 64 bit version. The £650 is just about do-able but they say updates are only free for a year , does this mean we will need to allow a yearly amount as well? (This would be very difficult to raise charitably)
best wishes,
Garrett

drsa...@frcrtutorials.com

Jun 4, 2017, 7:39:45 AM6/4/17
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Thanks Howard

drsa...@frcrtutorials.com

Jun 4, 2017, 7:44:46 AM6/4/17
to OsiriX-UKusergroup, gregorym...@gmail.com
Hi Garret

You can try Horos

or

Paid MD version (quite stable)

You can use the purchased version as long as it works on the compatible OSX, you don't necessarily need to keep paying every year, hope that helps

drsa...@frcrtutorials.com

Jun 4, 2017, 7:54:19 AM6/4/17
to OsiriX-UKusergroup

zda...@gmail.com