Completeness and buildability of github codebase

NS

Mar 5, 2019, 12:35:38 AM3/5/19
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Hello,

I'm new to Osirix and have the following questions:

1. Is the codebase available at

https://github.com/pixmeo/osirix

for Osirix MD or Orisix Lite?

I have gone through the differences between MD and Lite here,

https://www.osirix-viewer.com/osirix/osirix-md/#differences

but not sure if the github codebase is for Lite or MD.

2. Tried building the codebase following the brief, 2-line instructions (run the 'Unzip Binaries' target, followed by 'Development' target) on a MacOS 10.13.6, XCode 10.1 but I'm getting lots of compile-time errors (related to libstdc++ headers like cstdlib cassert missing), apart from other warnings about this or that deprecated. So, not sure if the codebase has any specific XCode and/or MacOS version requirements for building and subsequent deployment.

3. I doubt if Osirix folks would simply go ahead and make available ALL of their commercial, $700 Osirix MD code available for free, with only build challenges left to be overcome! So, obviously code related to, eg, the 80% performance improvement over Lite is likely to be absent from the github repo. But what about other features of Orisix MD (especially 3D viewer features like MPR, Volume Rendering, ...)? What about FDA approval - separate codebase for it?

Regards,
/NS

zda...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2019, 6:23:31 AM4/6/19
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Build from source in 5 easy steps: If you want build the project with all its dependencies yourself then start here

https://github.com/bettar/miele-lxiv-easy

In case you want to just install the binary go to the Mac App store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/miele-lxiv/id988332475

zda...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2019, 6:51:45 AM4/6/19
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
Also if you want to build plugins, try this new Plugin-Generator here:

https://github.com/bettar/miele-lxiv-plugin-generator