Installing Osirix

Dr Sameer Shamshuddin

Mar 16, 2012, 6:28:56 PM3/16/12
to osirix-uk...@googlegroups.com

jmb548

Aug 15, 2012, 1:31:04 PM8/15/12
to osirix-uk...@googlegroups.com
I am having repeated problems installing OsiriX 5. Every time that I click on the OsiriX icon to drag it to my applications folder, th cursor 'locks' onto the OsiriX icon, a (+) sign superimposed on part of the icon/cursor, and the corrupted icon cannot be deposited anywhere. Nor is there any way to regain use of my Mac without manually rebooting it.

Of my three Macs, the only one to which I have downloaded OsiriX 5 is a late-2008 MacBook Pro which is running OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would be more than happy to make a transatlantic telephone call if anyone would like to discuss this with me or take over my MBP to see the problem in real-time.

Sincerely,

Joe Becker

Dr Sameer Shamshuddin

Aug 15, 2012, 2:17:22 PM8/15/12
to osirix-uk...@googlegroups.com
Jim

I had a similarish prob:

Try this:

Open existing Osirix, click Osirix---quit osirix

Remove Osirix icon from the DOCK BAR

Then FINDER---CMD+backspace on existing Osirix Icon (puts it into trash)----empty trash

Then double click the new version DMG file, will get a prompt to drag osirix icon to application

Drag the icon into applications

Launch Finder and navigate to Osirix--go one step further and you will see further subfolder plus another Osirix.app icon

When you double click this it will install the new version

If this fails probably your Mac is not compatible !

Let me warn you, with the latest version all your images will have--Not for Medical Use---- box as default !!!

Then you can download the old version (i would recommend 3.8.1) as you dont get the annoying Memory message with this version for larger CT datasets

You can chose not to get an update message by unchecking the boxes under Osirix-Preferences-General

Let me know how you got on

Cheers
Sameer

after downloading the O.5 version, got a prompt to move the osirix icon into the application folder.

sksa...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2013, 6:30:08 AM1/10/13
to osirix-uk...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,

I want to merge/fuse PET scan image with CT scan image using Osirx. yes i have got images in the DICOM format.

I have i mac computer installed with Osirix. basically i am biology background researcher.

please guide me. it will be very helpful my research career.

Thanks
Samy

Dr Sameer Shamshuddin

Jan 12, 2013, 3:49:01 AM1/12/13
to osirix-uk...@googlegroups.com, sksa...@gmail.com
Open CT images in one viewer, open pet images in a new tab

Rt click and drag the little icon on top of the ct image and place it on the pet image, you will get an option to fuse

screenshots and videos on osirix website: http://www.osirix-viewer.com/Snapshots.html

Best wishes

them...@googlemail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 6:31:00 PM1/30/18
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
On Friday, March 16, 2012 at 10:28:56 PM UTC, Sameer Shamshuddin wrote:

Sameer Hope all well
I have lost the thumb nails at the side of my screen to view following recent upgrade of the IOS , can you help retrieve
Many thanks
Waqar