Help please after Osirix failure!

hjwilliams99

Sep 5, 2017, 5:23:16 AM9/5/17
to OsiriX-UKusergroup
hello I really need some help and am hoping somebody who is more tech-literate than me will be able to solve my big problem with a simple solution....sorry for the long post

I've been using an old version of Osirix (sorry cannot determine which version now) on a 2011 MacBook pro (with OS X v10.10.5) for some time now to do FRCR tutorials for exam preparation. All my cases are stored on an external drive.

Was all going well and I got around the constant requests for updates and telling me to buy Osirix MD by just switching off WiFi every time I opened Osirix) but last night I tried to open Osirix to get images together for a tutorial today and it just wouldn't open and I got a box saying I needed to upgrade because it was out of date. Not sure why this suddenly happened as the computer had not even been switched on for 2 weeks due to vacation.

To cut a very long story of repeated installing and uninstalling various versions of Osirix and Horus into the early hours I am now left with being able to open Osirix latest version and use only when connected to the internet so it can check for updates (and presumably ask me repeatedly to buy MD)

This would be workable in the short term except I cannot connect to WiFi at work where I do my teaching because our hospital IT is s**t so I can no longer teach our trainees!

I tried to move everything to Horus but the latest version I could use with my OS just crashed all the time.

I was thinking of getting a new Mac sometime but just not planning to fork out £2K this week.....

I am thinking when I do eventually get the new computer I will just go straight to latest version of Horus and move my cases over to avoid all of this hassle but in the meantime I would be eternally grateful for any suggestions or solutions.

I am still able to install the old version of Osirix as it remains in my downloads folder but it just will not open.
many thanks in advance
Helen (from BCH)

zda...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2019, 6:34:53 AM4/6/19