Support for Two Factor Authentication

Thomas Darimont

Jul 29, 2015, 7:54:11 AM7/29/15
to OSIAM
Dear OSIAM developers,

I'm currently evaluating OSIAM and wanted to ask you about the official plans regarding support for two factor authentication.
I saw it on the readmap of this [0] presentation from 2014 - but I couldn't find any recent information about it on the github projects sites.

Any updates here? Or do you have any pointers on how one could integrate two factor auth with OSIAM (e.g. by using the google authenticator app)?

Cheers,
Thomas

Florian Wallner

Jul 29, 2015, 2:56:14 PM7/29/15
to OSIAM, thomas....@googlemail.com
Hello Thomas,

thank you for evaluating OSIAM! We do have two factor authentication in our back log although we can't really give an expected time frame. However, I just took a quick look and I think that adding the TOTP algorithm as specified in RFC 6238 to the auth-server would not be overly complicated. I would probably start with the GoogleAuth library here https://github.com/wstrange/GoogleAuth and see how far I get. I can't make any promises but I am going to take a closer look at it the next days.

I just opened an issue in the auth-server to track the progress there. By the way thank you for the issues you filed.

Regards,
---Florian