survey ready

Glenn Hampson

Feb 28, 2022, 7:15:40 PM2/28/22
to osi20...@googlegroups.com

Hi Folks,

I think the researcher survey is ready to go. The link is below, along with some text you can you use to announce the survey in your next newsletter (or whatever method works best for you). I’m also bcc’ing the active researchers in OSI in hopes that many of you will want to join this communication policy group (thanks in advance to Caroline Wagner for being our first researcher on board!). When/if you send out the survey to your networks and institutions, please feel free to embellish your text with the OSI logo (two variations are attached). If you have any questions or special requests (like making a copy of this survey just for your audience---same questions but an easy to view data point on how your audience reacts to these questions), just let me know. Here’s the survey link and suggested text (feel free to edit):

The global Open Scholarship Initiative (OSI) would like to hear directly from researchers! If this is you, please take this important 10 minute survey (https://forms.gle/B6BhoJsCYt2Lqrpm6). All participants will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Amazon gift card (three winners will be chosen at random)! OSI’s survey covers two topics: (1) your opinion about certain communication practices (like journal publishing, open licenses, and peer review); and (2) your interest in joining a global team of researchers (1-2 hours per week for 3-4 months) who will help develop new, global, researcher-centric policies for communication. Thank you!

I’ll keep you posted on how this effort unfolds. Ideally we will have enough researchers on-board by the end of March to start moving forward with our policy discussions by mid-April. These discussions will be built around OSI’s big-tent common ground philosophy (and you will be involved in overseeing these conversations), enriched by what hopefully ends up being a large and diverse new stream of researcher input.

Thanks and best regards,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson
Executive Director