|FORCE11 is delighted to announce that registration for the FORCE2023 conference is open. Held online from April 18-20, the conference theme is “Thinking/Acting: The Global and the Local”. Register now!|
The conference will run over multiple timezones and include keynotes, presentations and panels. We are very excited to be announcing our keynotes - Professor Lucy Montgomery from the Curtin Open Knowledge Initiative; Iratxie Puebla, ASAPbio and Kanika Khanna, University of California, Berkeley; Soledad Quiroz Valenzuela, Universidad Central de Chile, and Chaitan Baru, National Science Foundation. We will be releasing more details about the program over the coming days.
Presentations will include:
- A systematized review of open access mandate research, (Teresa Schultz and Tara Radniecki)
- The COAR notify initiative: Transforming scholarly communication one preprint - peer review link at a time, (Martin Klein)
- Reengineering the global scholarly communication system: A triad perspective, (Pius Gamette)
- Looking ahead: A global corpus for all data citations, (Matthew Buys)
There will also be panels focused on:
- Implementing FAIR Workflows - Bringing Researchers and Solutions Together
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Global Engagement: Some Lessons Learned
- Facilitating an Open Research Ecosystem
In addition the conference will feature lightning talks that explore the theme of tensions between local ways of knowing and globally-imposed standards, and share insights on local academic citizenship and global systems of knowledge production, evaluation, and dissemination.
We invite and encourage colleagues globally to join us for the interesting talks and accompanying asynchronous discussions about timely matters in open science communications. The program will be distributed throughout the day, with sessions starting at 9AM and closing at 8PM UTC.
We are keeping costs low and offering a range of registration fees to make the conference as accessible as possible. If this will still cause a barrier to participation, please email info-force...@force11.org to discuss your circumstances.
Please note that this conference abides by the FORCE11 Code of Conduct.
(Registration url: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/force11-annual-conference-registration-539236710517 )