FORCE11 Conference call for session proposals close 13 May 2024

Danny Kingsley

May 6, 2024, 8:36:00 PMMay 6
to 'Joyce Lanier Ogburn' via The Open Scholarship Initiative
<Apologies for cross posting>

Dear all,

The time frame for submitting a session proposal for the FORCE2024 conference is closing fast. Applications are due on May 13th, 2024Share what you've learned in your work, and look at the issues you deal with through a global lens. We invite you to join the conversation by submitting a Session proposal today!

The conference will be held at UCLA from 1-3 August, we are so excited to be back in person!

The theme of FORCE2024 is driving transformation in scholarly communications locally and globally. Proposals should emphasize how presenters are engaging their local communities – worldwide – or how they will engage FORCE2024 participants.  While not exhaustive, we welcome sessions on the following topics:

  • Research Techniques
  • Research output (papers, data, software, etc) sharing
  • Persistent identifiers and the research graph
  • Peer review processes and innovation
  • Research assessment, recognition and credit systems.
  • Research integrity
  • Long term preservation of research objects
  • Applications of AI technologies in research communication
  • Equity and diversity issues in research processes
  • Other creative approaches to scholarly research communications!

We also want each talk to engage the community.  This will mean different things for each speaker.  It may mean crafting an interactive presentation. Or it could mean showcasing true/tangible impact your work has made. Or maybe it's making your talk fun and offering clear ways for the community to join your efforts

Scholarships will be available - apply today!

We understand that many FORCE11 enthusiasts from around the globe would love to attend, but the cost of travel and lodging can be prohibitive.  As in past years, we are offering scholarships to our professional colleagues in scholarly communication, with the aim of increasing attendance from the Global South(s).  Simply fill out this form by Monday, May 13th.  Our Scholarship committee will review applications shortly after that date, and send out as many awards as our scholarship budget allows.

Don’t forget that the FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute (FSCI 2024) will be held immediately before the FORCE11 conference, virtually online Monday 22 July to Friday 26 July, and in person at UCLA Monday 29 July to Wednesday 31 July. Check out the course list here.

This year's in-person events will have a limited enrolment, with a maximum capacity of 160 people for all events.Take a look and register today, before it fills up! Registration is now open for both FSCI 2024 and the FORCE11 2024 - we look forward to seeing you there.

Dr Danny Kingsley
Scholarly Communication Consultant
Visiting Fellow, Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science, ANU
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Charles Sturt University
Member, Board of Directors, FORCE11
Member, Australian Academy of Science National Committee for Data in Science
e: da...@dannykingsley.com
m: +61 (0)480 115 937
t:@dannykay68
b: @dannykay68.bsky.social