Venti OA

Glenn Hampson

Feb 5, 2024, 7:41:44 PMFeb 5
to osi20...@googlegroups.com

Hi Folks,

In case you want even more discussion in your life about scholarly communication, Rick has created a new listserv just for you! If you haven’t already, you can sign up by going to https://lnkd.in/gcfwaNju, or send an email message to opencafe-l-lsu...@listserv.byu.edu.

The conversation is just getting started but there have been some interesting info exchanges so far---e.g., from today, news (to me at least) that Canada’s federal research granting institutions will begin reviewing their OA policies this year with the goal of having a new policy in place by late 2025 (see Open Access (science.gc.ca)). I can’t promise that I’ll be able to forward everything of interest from this list---besides which, at least a few Café patrons are also OSIers---but I’ll make sure to keep on top of the conversations and relay any information that might affect OSI (e.g., in terms of our focus, priorities, direction, opportunities, etc.).

Thanks and best regards,

Glenn